We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Homemade toffee candies: original recipe for making toffee or, more popularly, theMOU candy. How to get MOU candy perfect, like those you find in the supermarket, with the original recipe (without cream).
Toffee candies or toffee candies without cream
TheMOU candywere born in England where they are better known asToffee, the Italian variant, known astoffee, it is richer than tin but has no cream. On the web there are several recipes that include this ingredient, but real toffee candies are without cream as the original recipe teaches us.
Typically, with the term toffee, it refers to a candy made with sugar, glucose syrup and butter. There toffee it is a mixture of sugar, glucose syrup, condensed milk and butter. Do not worry, the ingredients mentioned are easy to find both in confectionery stores and on Amazon, with the online purchase, and you can also make condensed milk at home following our recipe.
Toffee candies: original recipe
As stated, you don't have to be impressed by the ingredients. Condensed milk, for example, you can make at home by following our guideHow to make condensed milk.The recipe is simple and the starting ingredients are: milk, butter and flour.
And if you don't want to try your hand at further preparations, you can buy condensed milk in the most well-stocked supermarkets, confectionery stores or on the web. For example, at "this Amazon page”You can find a 400 gr jar of condensed milk from Nestè at a price of 8.98 euros with free shipping.
The situation is different for liquid glucose, because it is difficult to prepare at home. To purchase, you can go to specialized pastry and confectionery shops or always take advantage of online sales. On Amazon, a 500 g jar of glucose syrup can be bought at a price of 9.90 euros with free shipping. For all the info, I refer you to "this Amazon page", it is a professional pastry product, even if a more "anonymous" brand. On the market there is no lack of glucose syrup from Cameo, Ambrosio or more well-known brands, which can be bought at higher prices but, from direct experience, I can tell you that the glucose syrup that I have indicated is very good, both for consistency and purity.
Homemade toffee candies with the original recipe
Having clarified where to find the ingredients, let's move on tooriginal recipe for homemade toffee. Toffee candies are undoubtedly the most popular caramel candies (excuse the pun!) And… it's worth making them at home to surprise everyone!
Here are the ingredients for about 30 MOU candy from the typical rectangular shape.
- 120 g of condensed milk
- 450 g of glucose syrup
- 400 g of granulated sugar (classic white sugar)
- 80 g of butter at room temperature
Tip # 1: When taking liquid glucose, always wet your hands. Glucose syrup is very sticky and is easier to handle with wet hands.
Tip # 2: it would be better if you used a cooking thermometer to caramelize the sugar better, however, if you really don't want to buy it, know that the cooking, in total, takes about 20 minutes and the final mixture must be blond.
How to make toffee with the original recipe
Here's how you need to go about getting homemade toffee.
- In a saucepan, add 250 ml of water and heat over low heat.
- Immediately add the sugar, glucose, whole butter at room temperature and condensed milk.
- Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Increase the heat slightly.
- Stir constantly, paying attention to the splashes of caramel which, being hot, can burn your hands!
- Let the mixture reach a temperature of 118 ° C and, after boiling, wait just a couple of minutes. If you don't have a thermometer, follow tip # 2 I gave you earlier. S.
- Turn off the heat.
- At this point, pour the mixture onto a sheet of parchment paper and let it cool. When it is warm and you can work it without burning yourself, wrap it in parchment paper to form three different square-based cylinders (you will need three sheets of parchment paper!).
- With your fingers, work the three cylinders to make them as square as possible.
- With scissors, start cutting the cords into cubes or rectangles of about 2 cm, if you are a perfectionist, you can further shape them with your hands.
Thehomemade toffeethey keep for a long time but can harden. How to prevent hardening? You should wrap them individually in baking paper to prevent them from absorbing moisture. If you plan to consume them in close proximity, you can simply place them in an airtight jar.